Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tough Decisions (Part II)

Having decided that he would be more suited to a more confident rider (probably a man, given his size), I set about looking for a replacement.

A bank loan was organised to bridge the gap, also with the idea that if I found something to go on with to take his place, it would be easier to let him go.

Easier said than done.

So far I have found that 17 hands does not actually mean the horse is 17 hands (which worries me somewhat if I go to look at a horse advertised as 16.2). One 17 hander was lucky to be 16.2, and another was quite a bit smaller than Willie, although given its build was plenty big enough.

I have even looked well above my price bracket, and so far I am afraid nothing comes close to replacing Sampson. OK, I havent actually been to see many so far, with most being crossed off the list after a few further questions...but what I have seen has disappointed me.

I guess it is simply a matter of time before I find the right one, but given that my loan enables me to consider spending more than I have ever dreamed of spending on a horse before, I am surprised at my experiences.

And all this does is make me start to doubt my decision to sell.
Especially having seen how my pony goes after only one week with Wendy.

No comments: